by Terri Hawkins
Seal Your Roofing Deal
…with a Roofer BACKED by Good Housekeeping
When making one of the largest investments in your home, such as a roof replacement, trust is important. And that trust should have some teeth to it. Some good questions to explore when speaking with your roofing candidates:
- Are they adequately insured for your protection?
- Do they have a proven reputation in your community?
- Are they committed to ongoing professional training?
- What licensing do they have?
When homeowners choose locally owned and operated ABC Roofing, Inc., a GAF Master Elite™ Roofer, they receive professionally-trained installation with extensive protection and warranty options. GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, has stringent standards for their roofing contractors, as they do their products. Only the top 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as factory-certified, Master Elite contractors.
Greg Flury, owner of ABC Roofing, explained recently how GAF’s ongoing high product and certification standards have helped their highly-trained contractors to have their installations backed—not just endorsed—by the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. The Good Housekeeping Seal is earned and maintained by strict reviews and product testing, and with it comes a two-year warranty to add to manufacturer backing.
“They don’t just trust – they verify” – About the GH Seal, The Wall Street Journal, February 2, 2010
For ABC Roofing to achieve its GAF Master Elite roofer certification, and provide the added Good Housekeeping two-year warranty, it has to successfully meet and maintain five criteria:
- Be in business 5 years—this takes the worry out of the selection processing, helping customers avoid “fly-by-nighters”
- Be fully insured–with worker’s comp and general liability
- Be up-to-date with GAF training–all installers must be trained once a year by GAF
- Have a good reputation in its community—this is assessed by constant checking with local suppliers and surveys to customer when they submit their warranty paperwork
- Meet state licensing requirements. Did you know NC doesn’t have any licensing for roofing contractors?
With no licensing standards in NC, how do you verify your roofer’s credentials and competency? Choosing ABC Roofing, as one of only 3 GAF Master Elite-certified contractors in the Triad, protects homeowners from playing “Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey” with roof selections. Don’t let roofing projects “go wrong in a big way”—call Greg with ABC Roofing.With no licensing standards in NC, how do you verify your roofer’s credentials and competency?
Remember to introduce your friends who you know have roofing projects, too. (Share the link to this article, Greg’s contact info, or ABC Roofing website, too, for their quick reference.) Homeowners, real estate agents, and contractors are all great introductions for Greg and his team to seal the deal!
You can watch the GAF “seal the deal” video here: http://www.gaf.com/Video_Library/0_3yyx861j